Sunday 8 January 2012

Instruments

I just looked back over the shit I’ve written and it seems weird. Kinda like me but almost as if someone else had written it. Strange. I never realized how much bollox I could spew but now it’s obvious. If you have gotten this far, pat yourself on the back. Enjoy that pat, you deserve it. You’re either a lunatic or Irish (same thing?) but you got this far. Good work.

Bruce Hornsby & the Range – The way it is. This is a wicked tune. If you think it’s weak that’s because you’re young and know nothing about life. It’s brilliant lyrically, and the piano solo is fucking wicked. Listen to it again. If it hurts your ears then go back to the earlier shit I mentioned and start learning. Or fuck off. The choice is yours. The piano solo is wicked.

Did you ever want to learn how to play an instrument? As a kid I never wanted to know, but as a grown man (a childlike grown man some would say) I really wish I knew more about music. I think it would be mega to be able to play something. I listen to the bands in the pub and watch them play and there’s a litllle envy that I can’t do that. I don’t compare myself to them but the ability to play is something that I never wanted as a child. I was given the opportunity but at the time it was a chore and I didn’t want it.

Any young people that are reading this, continue with whatever you are learning now. It will pay massive dividends to you in the future. Knowledge of an instrument is a wonderful gift. Right now, you might think it’s shit, I don’t need it, but trust me on this, in the future it’ll pay dividends. Keep playing and enjoy it.

As Dave once said "Rock on mofo's"

No comments:

Post a Comment